Tuesday, July 26, 2011

100th post, and what news!

I've officially been fired by DCPS. I've been RIF'ed, IMPACTed, "excessed," and I am officially one of the 200+ fired this 2010-2011 school year. Well, at the very least, I have a job.

Speaking of which, here's the newest list of jobs: English I (9th grade) + Textual Analysis (read: Reading Workshop), and 10th grade Honor's English.

My biggest fear, I'm not very good at analyzing long novels. In fact, I realize that I never did a lot of long-novel analyses, and, in fact, all my college work in that realm was a lot of content, and not much skill. I mean, that's most of what college is, developing the skill of in-depth analysis instead of basic skills analysis.

I wonder, teachers: what's your biggest fear in teaching something new?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I resigned as a DC Teacher. The entire year was pure HELL! You wont miss anything. You might actually get te training and support that you are need as a teacher elsewhere. View it as a blessing. I can't and don't want to imagine what it will teachers will face this year in DC, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORK IN SOUTHEAST.